Medium Speed Coal Mill Equipment
Coal mills pulverize and dry the coal dust before it is blown into the furnace in coal-fired power plants. The coal mills can only deliver the requested coal flow if certain conditions are fulfilled. Coal mills are used in coal-fired power plants to pulverize the coal before it is blown into the furnace. Inside the coal mill the coal is pulverized by a number of rollers. Depending on years’ abundant production experience and high technology, SBM will provide customers the medium speed coal mill equipment depending on different production needs.
Medium speed coal mill equipment
The goal of SBM medium speed coal mill equipment is to meet the needs of the growing global demand for pulverised coal firing, while improving availability, operational flexibility and lowering operating and maintenance cost. Process performance requirements include higher capacity machines with a wider range of operational flexibility to support low emissions operation using a globally sourced coal supply. The results of this design effort was the medium speed coal mill that was developed to suit the requirements of American and Asian power industries, and the mill that offered solutions for the specific needs of the European power and industrial minerals grinding markets. For over 20 years, SBM has maintained its position as the leading supplier and innovator of coal pulverisers for utility and industrial boilers. We manufacture a wide range of pulverised coal-fired boilers and components for clean, reliable and efficient steam generation.
- A state-of-the-art, low O&M cost machine.
- An airswept vertical mill considered to be the finest machine available in pulverising coal, providing safe, efficient means of uniformly pulverising and drying these fuels.
- Reduced installation time and cost.
- Simplified design to yield benefits in capital cost, erection cost, availability while minimising outage duration and improving operational safety.
- Increased reliability.
- Extended life of all wearing parts.
- Capacities range from 15 to 158 metric t/h and fineness range from 65% to 90% passing 75 microns (200 mesh).
- Lignite <40% moisture.
- Bituminous, anthracite coals.